18. lokakuuta 2014

X, I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise

 

Hey!
I have just survived the first week of school after a two-week break and the weekend has never felt so good, hahha. I wanted to share some of my iPhone snapshots because I´ve noticed that I usually capture all the cool moments with my phone and not with my camera which I don´t carry around so often here. Some of these pics are from the break and some are before the break and they aren´t all so interesting but at least they describe my life here soooo here we go!
  1.  This picture is from my small but cute hometown, Lodi!
  2. We made signs for my sisters football player friends because that´s what American teenagers do haha
  3. And here are the players and the signs and us. As you can see purple and gold are the colors of our school, Tokay!
  1.  I looove bath & bodyworks´ little hand sanitizers!!
  2. Lodi is known for their grapes and I swear I´ve eaten more grapes during my stay here than during my whole life in Finland XD They taste so much better here and the vineyards are so pretty!
  3. There´s so many Mexican food places here in California and Chipotle is my favourite! The kids meal is so good and it only costs about 2,80€, can you believe it?? And it´s not as unhealthy as Taco Bell for example or at least I hope not because I eat too much Chipotle!!
  1.  I guess I should´ve posed like a badass like Renee and Hannah haha
  2. & 3. Okay so we had our churchs youth group meeting and we played twister with paint! It was so messy but so much fun and I think I was the winner x)
  1. Our homecoming game! Brazilians stole my phone...
  2. Homecoming week and You So Don´t Go Here-day. Me and Renee dressed up like Lodi High School cheerleaders and my skirt was too small for me but I survived. It was a fun day because a lot of people from our school dressed up!
  3. More signs for the homecoming game
  1.  Hahaha I just thought this was kinda cool
  2. This is a bad picture but one day the sun was all red the whole day and it was so weird.. Someone said it was because there was a fire somewhere and the smoke in the air made it look lred but I don´t know, it was super pretty!
  3. We thought we found watermelons with my hostbrother but in fact we have no idea what those were, not watermelons anyways...

One day we made a day trip to the lake with exchange students and the weather was perfect! In the first picture is German exchange student, Jessika, who is like a little sister to me. I just love having someone from Europe here as my friend because sometimes it takes an European to completely understand an European, if you know what I mean..? :D
  1.  I love sushi... A common white girl...
  2. A picture from the Grape festivals!
 Foreigns´ shopping day!
  1.  Night swimming when the nights were still warm
  2.  Lazer tagging! It wasn´t as fun as in Megazone!
  3. 9/11 was a suprisingly normal day here! Except I made a cool snapchat story haha
  1.  Wannabe cheerleader-selfie
  2. Another picture from the festivals
  3. Shopping day outfit
  1.  Hannah´s birthday party! That was the funniest night so far!
  2. I just love biking and sometimes I just leave the house and bike somewhere I´ve never been before and just enjoy being alone and listening to good music while I bike
  3. The birthday girl and me!
  1.   My hair just a week ago when I spent about two hours to get it straight!
  2.  My hair at the moment, I just suddenly wanted to cut it and add more layers and I have to say that I love my hair now! It´s just so much healthier and curlier and softer
  3. My friends were like "It´s not even much shorter" but honestly if you compare the first picture to those two others you can see that a half of my hair is gone, literally. My head feels so much lighter now!
I´ve spent this morning facetiming my family and it gave me so much more strength, now I feel so loved and powerful! I´m so blessed to be here and I can never thank my parents enough for making this happen. And of course my host family for having me, they have taken such a good care of me so far. Since I´m feeling so good I think I´m going to hit the gym, see you soon :* And enjoy your weekend!!

11 kommenttia:

  1. What a wonderful, genuine, mature and strong posting! Keep going strong and happy, baby!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Your postings always make my day! :) Really great that you are now writing in English, because I was getting tired of using google translator to read Finnish postings, aha :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Aww so glad to hear that! :) Have a nice day :*

      Poista
  3. Sun postauksista tulee aina paremmalle tuulelle! :-) pakko kysyä yhtä juttua, sulla oli joskus muutama kuukausi sitten instagramissa kuva missä sulla on sellanen tosi kiva trikoomekko päällä (oisko siinä ollut valkoista, mustaa ja jotain keltaista?) ja kuvatekstissa luki että mekko oli kallis ja jäi kauppaan tms, joten satutko muistamaan missä kyseistä mekkoa sovitit tai minkä merkkinen se on? Oli nimittäin tosi ihanan näköinen ja mulla on sen kaltainen mekko hakusessa wanhojen jatkoille! :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Kiitos, ihana kuulla!! :) Ja joo kyllä muistan, mekko oli New Yorkin Macy's tavaratalossa ja merkki oli French Connection, hintaa oli tosiaan muistaakseni lähemmäs 800 dollaria et sen takia jäi täydellinen mekko sinne sitten :D

      Poista
  4. hahaa mäki pelasin laaserisotaa siellä tampereen megazonessa luokkaretkellä ja pakko sanoo että en muista millon mulla ois ollu nii hauskaa !!:D huhhu

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. XD jep se on kyll hauskaaa varsinki kamujen kaa

      Poista
  5. Sivan ihania postauksia sulla! Ite haluaisin kans niin kovasti vaihtoon! Voisit tehä joskus semmosen postauksen missä kerrot hyviä ja huonoja puolia sieltä :) Olis tosi kivaa

    VastaaPoista
  6. Ois kiva jos voisit tehä ostospostauksen ku niit on aina jotenki niin kivaa kattoo haha :D ps. Wow toi jätkä tos synttärikuvassa...x)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. En oo ihan liikaa lähiaikoina mitään shoppaillu :) Ja haha miten hän on saanu nii paljon kehuja kaikilta :D hassuu

      Poista